If you’re running a sports league or tournament, you know how challenging creating a balanced and fair schedule is. From the number of teams to dates, game times, and locations, so many possible conflicts or constraints can come up.
Luckily, there are online tools to help you with this task. A sports schedule generator can automatically create a schedule for your league or tournament based on your criteria.
In this article, we’ll review the best sports schedule generators available, so you can choose the best one for your sports organization.
1. Diamond Scheduler
Diamond Scheduler helps you plan your league’s season with powerful algorithms that reduce headaches and improve results. You can create league, practice, tournament, and inter-league schedules for multiple divisions and teams.
- Create schedules for various sports, such as baseball, football, basketball, hockey, and soccer.
- Import and export data, can integrate with SportsEngine or other sports website builders, and apply constraints to your schedules.
- User-friendly interface and a helpful support team.
- Handle leagues with uneven number of teams, reschedules, and scoring.
- May require some trial and error to find the best parameters for your schedule.
- Might not be compatible with some other platforms or devices.
- Expensive for a scheduling tool if you only need it a few times per year.
Price: $199 per year.
LeagueLobster offers a simpler and faster way to generate round-robin schedules and tournament brackets. It’s a web-based service that you can access anywhere online. LeagueLobster is also free to use.
- Easy to use and does not require any installation.
- Create schedules for various formats, like round-robin, single elimination, double elimination, etc.
- Export your schedules in formats like PDF, CSV, and iCal.
- Lacks customization options.
Price: Free with paid plans starting at $6.95 per month for advanced features.
Playpass lets you create and share sports schedules for leagues and tournaments, with options to set dates, times, locations, groups, playoffs, and more. You can also track scores and standings online, export your Playpass schedule as a CSV file and upload it to Sports Engine.
- Free to use for unlimited schedules, teams, and players.
- Works on mobile, tablet, and desktop devices.
- Offers a variety of schedule types, such as round robin, single or double elimination, and playoffs.
- Share your schedule publicly or privately.
- Works well with other Playpass features, such as online registration, payment processing, referral program, waiver collection, and website builder.
- Doesn’t support complex scheduling constraints like travel distance or rest days.
- Doesn’t offer advanced statistics or analytics for your games or players.
Price: Paid plans start at $19 per month.
TeamLinkt is a free sports management software that provides registration, website building, scheduling, team app, and communication tools. The app has over 3,000 App Store Reviews and a 4.6 rating.
Teamlinkt uses AI to generate your schedule in minutes, with options to set teams, locations, and conditions.
- Free to use.
- Simplifies task management by automatically creating events.
- Free team app with instant schedule updates and messaging.
- Fast support response times.
- Shows ads to keep the platform free.
- Lacks advanced features that some paid sports management software offer.
Price: Free version with processing fees and ads.
LeagueApps offers a powerful and flexible sports schedule maker that allows you to create and manage your team schedules in minutes.
You can generate schedules automatically or manually, import external calendars, create one-off events, and share important information with your members. Plus, you can enable live scoring and standings, and allow members to RSVP for games and practices.
- Saves you time and hassle by automating the scheduling process for leagues or tournaments.
- Gives you control and customization over your schedule preferences.
- Integrates with other platforms and services, such as Google Calendar and iCal.
- Enhances communication and engagement with your members via notifications.
- Supports different types of programs, such as leagues, tournaments, camps, clinics, or events.
- No free plans available.
- May require some learning curve to use the platform effectively.
Price: Public pricing is not available. You can get a quote by contacting their team through the website.
SportsEngine is a platform that offers online registration, payment processing, communication tools, and scheduling features for sports organizations.
You can create schedules for leagues, tournaments, camps, and clinics, with options to set divisions, brackets, seeding, and playoffs. You can also sync your schedule with your website and mobile app.
- Create or upload detailed league schedules that are automatically shared with teams and published on your website.
- Include accurate venue details with directions and notes for each event.
- Integrate your sports schedule with your personal calendar using the SportsEngine mobile app.
- Confirm availability for team games, practices, and events using the app.
- Track attendance and issue makeup credits for classes using the app.
- Some users report features are too complex for small organizations.
- No free plans available.
Price: Plans start at $79 per month.
LeagueRepublic is a sports league management software that allows you to create, schedule, and manage your leagues, tournaments, and teams online.
With LeagueRepublic, you can build a league or tournament schedule based on your preferences and constraints. You can specify the number of divisions, teams, venues, availability, and other factors that affect your scheduling. The software will then create an efficient and balanced schedule for your league.
- Free to use for basic features.
- Handles multiple divisions, complex availability constraints, and venue sharing.
- Create schedules for different competition formats, such as round-robin, knockout, or hybrid.
- Automatically reschedule matches in case of changes or cancellations.
- Some learning curve to use advanced features.
- Doesn’t optimize schedule for special criteria like travel distance.
Price: Free plan available. Paid plans start at around $9 per month.
Using a sports scheduler generator with Jersey Watch
Jersey Watch is a youth sports management software that helps you run your sports organization like a pro. You can use it to build a sports website, manage registration, send texts and emails, and run background checks.
One of the features of Jersey Watch is sports scheduling software. Jersey Watch lets you use simple scheduling features to post your team schedules and organization events online.
You can use most sports schedule generators alongside your Jersey Watch website. Many schedule generators (including Diamond Scheduler and League Lobster) allow you to link or embed schedules.
- Post your team game schedules and events online.
- Link or embed to external schedule generators.
- Add start and end times, locations, and game results.
- Schedule board and coach meetings.
- Promote player registration dates.
- Schedule events by division or category.
- Easily communicate with team and parents about games.
Price: Starts at $29 per month.
Choosing the best scheduler for you
Many sports scheduling software options are available in the market depending on the needs of your organization. Some are complex, and others are super simple. Some are expensive, and others are ad supported. Some are made for organizations with 5,000+ athletes, and others are made for organizations with just a few hundred athletes.
Whether you run a small youth league or large multi-sport facility, have a big budget or a small nonprofit budget, make sure to evaluate several options before picking a schedule generator.