Digital Edge Sport, Inc. d/b/a Jersey Watch
Last Revised: May 2, 2022
This Policy describes:
- The types of information we collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website available at: https://www.jerseywatch.com/ as well as any websites and blogs directly owned by the Company (collectively, our “Website”) and any applications, services, and tools (including, but not limited to, building websites, creating online registrations, posting and sending announcements and events, adding website administrators and purchasing a Jersey Watch plan) (collectively, our “Services”) provided on the Website.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy governs our interactions with you in any one of the following capacities:
- Administrator. Our customers who have access to our Website and Services as an individual or organization to create a website, set up online registration, post and send announcements, add events and additional Administrators and select a subscription plan. Such individuals may include, but are not limited to, coaches, team managers, youth league organizers, parents of individual players and so on. As such, you may be granted an ID and password to access secure portals on our Website. You may also be responsible for uploading Personal Information.
- End User. The General Users (as defined below) and visitors of an Administrators' website (“Administrator Site” or “Site”). Such users may include but are not limited to the parents or legal guardians of athletes and players.
- General User. You may simply visit our Website and browse information, possibly sign up for a newsletter, create an account or otherwise request communications from the Company.
Unless otherwise specified, this Policy applies in the same manner to you and your Personal Information.
This Policy applies to information we collect on this Website or in emails and other electronic messages between you and this Website, and information gathered when you interact with our advertising on third-party websites if such advertisements include links to this Policy.
This Policy does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party, or information collected by any third party through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website (for further information, see below, “Third-party Websites”).
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, then please do not use our Website. By using our Website, you agree to the terms of this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time (see below, “Changes to this Policy”). Your continued use of our Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
3. What We Collect and How We Collect It
To ensure that we provide you with the best possible experience, we will store, use, and share personal information about you in accordance with this Policy. Personal information is information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular user, household or device (“Personal Information”). In particular, the Website has collected the following categories of Personal Information from users of the Website within the last 12 months:
A real name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name.
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Protected classification characteristics.
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Records containing Personal Information or other Identifiers including but not limited to, birth certificates, vaccination records, medical examination records.
Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
Internet or other similar network activity.
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
Physical location or movements.
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
Professional or employment-related information.
Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
Non-public education information.
Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
Inferences drawn from other Personal Information.
Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We obtain the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, when you:
- register yourself with the Website;
- sign up for a plan;
- filling in and submitting forms on our Services; or
- communicate with us, such as request information.
- Indirectly from you. For example, through information we collect from you in the course of providing our Services to you or information provided by an Administrator or third party, including but not limited to, parents, coaches, and team managers.
The information that you provide in each case will vary. In some cases, you may be able to provide Personal Information via email or free text boxes, such as contacting the Company to request further information. When providing your Personal Information, please provide only relevant information and do not provide unnecessary sensitive information, such as Social Security numbers, credit card information, or other sensitive personal data, unless required for our Services.
Additionally, we may ask you to create a username and password that should only be known to you. When you provide this information to us, you are no longer anonymous. Moreover, we may receive information about you from other sources and add it to the information you have provided to us.
4. How We Use Your Information
The information we gather and that you provide is collected to provide you information and the Services you request, in addition to various other purposes, including, but not limited to:
- presenting our Services and its contents to you;
- providing you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- fulfilling any other purpose for which you provide information;
- security, credit or fraud prevention purposes;
- providing you with effective customer service;
- providing you with a personalized experience when you use this Website;
- carrying out our obligations and enforcing our rights arising from any contracts entered into between us and you, including for billing and collection;
- contacting you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- contacting you with information and notices related to your use of this Website;
- inviting you to participate in surveys and providing feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- better understanding your needs and interests;
- improving the content, functionality, and usability of this Website;
- improving our products and services;
- improving our marketing and promotional efforts; and
- any other purpose identified in an applicable privacy notice, click-through agreement, or other agreement between you and us.
5. How We Share Your Information
We do not sell or lease your Personal Information to any third party. We may share your Personal Information by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose your Personal Information, we enter into a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except for the purposes set forth in the contract.
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for one or more business purposes:
- Personal Records; and
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
We disclose your Personal Information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates; and
- Third-party vendors who provide services that enhance our Website, products and services to you (such as vendors for credit card processing, advertising and marketing, and customer support).
Except as described in this Policy, we will not share your information with third parties without your notice and consent, unless it is under one of the following circumstances:
- Legal Reasons.
- We believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, or court order;
- To respond to duly authorized information requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities;
- To investigate and prevent security threats, fraud, or other malicious activity; or
- To respond to an emergency that we believe in good faith requires us to disclose such information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person or Company employee.
- Sale of Business or Merger. There are circumstances where the Company may decide to buy, sell, or reorganize its business in selected countries. Under these circumstances, it may be necessary to share or receive Personal Information with prospective or actual partners or affiliates. In such circumstances, the Company will ensure your information is used in accordance with this Policy.
6. Your Choices and Selecting Your Privacy Preferences
We want to provide you with relevant information that you have requested. When possible, we will always provide options as to what information we collect and how you can manage any preferences that pertains to such information. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information used by the Company to promote our own products or services, you can send us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe from future email distributions by clicking the appropriate link within the promotion email.
- Opt Out of Interest-Based Advertising. To opt out of interest-based advertising, go to http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1.
7. Accuracy and Access to Your Personal Information
We strive to maintain and process your information accurately. We have processes in place to maintain all of our information in accordance with relevant data governance frameworks and legal requirements. We employ technologies designed to help us maintain information accuracy on input and processing.
Where we can provide you access to your Personal Information in our possession, we will always ask you for a username and password to help protect your privacy and security. We recommend that you keep your password safe, that you change it periodically, and that you do not disclose it to any other person or allow any other person to use it.
To view and change the Personal Information that you have provided to us, you can log in to your account and follow the instructions on that webpage, or contact us directly for assistance.
8. Information of Minors
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from individuals under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register with the Services. While we may collect certain information about minors under 13 that a parent or organization provides to use our Service, the Service and its content are not directed at minors under the age of 13. We do not target the Website to minors, and would not expect them to be engaging with our Website or Services. We encourage parents and guardians to provide adequate protection measures to prevent minors from providing information unwillingly on the internet. If we are aware of any Personal Information that we have collected about minors under 13, we will take steps to securely remove it from our systems.
9. Jersey Watch Administrator Sites
10. End Users' Personal Information
Administrators who have created a Site using our Services are solely responsible for what they do with the Personal Information they collect, directly or through Jersey Watch about their End Users. This Section 10 is directed to such individuals.
- Administrators' Relationship with End Users.
If you are one of our Administrators, you may collect Personal Information about your End Users. For example, you may ask your End Users (e.g., parents or guardians of a player) to provide you with their own or their player's name, address, email address, date of birth, gender, and payment information when completing a registration on your Site.
You are solely responsible for complying with any laws and regulations that apply to your collection and use of your End Users' information, including Personal Information you collect about them or their player(s) from us or using Jersey Watch functionality or cookies or similar technologies.
The Company shall not be liable for your relationship with your End Users or how you collect, use, and share Personal Information about them on our Website (even if you collect it from us or using Jersey Watch functionality or cookies or similar technologies). Additionally, we will not provide you with any legal advice regarding such matters.
Additionally as part of the Services, Administrators may have the opportunity to send End Users “SMS” or text messages, pre-recorded voice messages or auto dialed phone calls (“Messages”). Administrators are solely responsible for obtaining consent from End Users to send Messages and honoring End Users' opt-out rights regarding the Messages. As an Administrator, you also represent and warrant that you will not use the Services to call or message any email address or telephone number (including, without limitation, any mobile telephone number) using an autodialer or otherwise in violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”) or other applicable laws.
- End User payment information.
Your Site may require End Users' payment information. Such information may be processed via third-party eCommerce payment processors, such as Stripe, with which you integrate your Jersey Watch account, in accordance with such eCommerce payment processors' terms and policies. We transmit your End Users' complete payment information when they initially provide or update it only so that we can pass it along to the eCommerce payment processors. We do NOT collect or store your End Users' payment information other than the information needed to confirm such payments have been successfully processed by the third-party eCommerce payment processor.
11. Third-party Websites
12. Your California Rights
- Shine the Light law. Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, we will not disclose or share your Personal Information with third parties for the purposes of third-party marketing to you without your prior consent.
- Do Not Track Signals. Other than as disclosed in this Policy, the Website does not track users over time and across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising. Therefore, the Website does not operate any differently when it receives Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals from your internet web browser.
- WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. If we ever decide to sell Personal Information, we will update you via this Policy and include a link entitled “Do Not Sell My Personal Information,” to provide you with an opportunity to opt out of sales of your Personal Information.
- California Consumer Rights. If you are a California “consumer,” as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “Act”), please be advised that Digital Edge Sport, Inc. d/b/a Jersey Watch does not currently meet the regulatory thresholds of a “business” as that term is defined under the Act and therefore is not required to comply with the Act. Regardless, all Personal Information will be processed in accordance with this Policy.
13. For Website Users Outside of the United States and Canada
Our Website is designed for use by individuals in the United States and Canada only. We do not warrant or represent this Policy or the Website's use of your Personal Information complies with the laws of any other jurisdiction. Furthermore, to provide you with our services, we may store, process, and transmit information in the United States, Canada, and other locations around the world, including countries that may not have the same privacy and security laws as yours. Regardless of the country in which such information is stored, we will process your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
14. Personal Information Deletion Request
You may request that we delete your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions, by contacting us at email@example.com with your name and “DELETION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION REQUEST” in the email subject line and providing your name, relevant account username (if applicable) and stating your request for deletion of your Personal Information and other information linked to your Jersey Watch account. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties. All deletion requests shall be handled in accordance with Jersey Watch's data deletion practices which are located at:https://www.jerseywatch.com/data-deletion/
15. Safeguarding the Information We Collect
We use reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards in order to protect your Personal Information against accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, we can never promise 100% security. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We cannot and do not guarantee that your responses will not be shared. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services. As an Administrator or General User, you have a responsibility, as well, to safeguard your information through the proper use and security of any online credentials used to access your Personal Information, such as a username and password. If you believe your credentials have been compromised, please change your password. Please also notify us of any actual or suspected unauthorized use.
16. Changes to this Policy
17. How to Contact Us
We value your opinions and welcome your feedback. To ask questions or comment about this Policy or your Personal Information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.